Who Practices What Areas of Law, Where, For Whom, Why, and for How Much?
What is the world of lawyers and the world of law about?
This is a layperson's sampler site - a starting point!
Site being updated as of 2019.08.19 - thank you for visiting.
This resources site is a collaboration of many people inlcuding lawyers currently in practice who received their legal training in different countries including: China, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the U.S.A.
Credits, Copyright, Dedication & Inspiration
This site is the result of inspiration from multiple people and sources including:
- A wide range of Civil Litigation, Criminal Justice, and Business Lawyers that have contributed to this web venture including Class Actions Lawyers, Personal Injury Lawyers and Immigration Lawyers, and not to forget law students who have and are studying in the USA, China, Canada, and the UK
- Mandarin (PRC), Mandarin (Taiwanese / Traditional Chinese), Cantonese (PRC / Hong Kong) Fluent (verbal & writing competence) speaking Lawyers for help with business development, immigration, real estate, personal injury e.g. Jeffrey Lowe, B.Comm, LL.B. [s/a CanadaVisaLaw.com];
Mona Chan, LLB
- Italian, Spanish and working knowledge of language lawyers services e.g.
- Punjabi / Hindi / Urdu / English
- Judges & Retired State/Provincial Judges
- Arbitration & Mediation Services from:
The Honorable Robert Hutchison retired no longer active consultant with Hutchison Oss-Cech Marlatt barristers & solicitors in Victoria, BC
- ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution Services)
e.g. International Training/Education of Lawyers (s/a University of Victoria Law School; s/a Peace Makers Trust
- Canada's Will's Trust Estates Probate & Wills Disputes Lawyers
- Pioneer Lawyers including: The late Douglas Jung, LLB, OC, OBC - first Chinese Canadian Member of Parliament and member of Canada's United Nations Team, under the government of the Conservative Party of Canada then led by Prime Minister John Diefenbaker
in the 1950's and early 1960s, Mr. Jung is reportedly the 2nd Chinese Canadian graduate of the University of British Colombia's School of Law.
- Members of the British initiated "Operation Oblivion" who were recruited during World War 2, to be inserted (by submarine or parachute drop) behind enemy lines and organize a guerilla army in China initally and later Borneo. This was a joint operation initiated by the British Special Operations Executive, and given training and logistical support by the Canadian and Australian armed forces.
- Photo contributions and provenance information from travelling friends and residents of China, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Australia, Papua New Guinea, Canada and the USA: with special mention to Dr. A.S.Chan, Christopher Campese, Leanna & Nick Wong, C. Toderov, A.L. Chan, J. Huang, Gladys J.G. Cheung, B. Buchannan, David Lai, Dan Tam, Dr. Q. Reilly MD in Australia, law library staff in Winnipeg and Toronto, V. Hum, K. Gee, law school student A. Quan from Akron Ohio, USA - students and alumni from the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, S. Kanaeko, B.Comm in Tokyo., John Evans in PNG, Tony Yau in HK China, Tamara Reiter's studies and views of the Mediterraean Sea.
- Maps of Cities, Regions and Countries sponsored by Weller Cartographic Services Ltd., www.MapMatrix.com and their upcoming expanded collection of USA pdf maps.
L a w y e r s W o r l d . o r g
Legal Information Reference Sites
Read Article on Drug Trafficking Sentencing: Differences between U.S.A. and Canada Criminal Courts
- UK Legal Sources: England & Wales
- USA Legal Sources
- Canada Legal Sources
Legislation Acts & Regulations
Government of Canada, Department of Justice - Consolidated Statutes and Regulation
"The Justice Laws Website provides an official consolidation, or updated version, of the federal Acts and regulations maintained by the Department of Justice as a convenient way for the public to view the state of the law, without having to carry out research and put together the various amended provisions." (website 2019.09.30)
- Civil Resolution Tibunal CRT - BC
CRT Act & Services
- Employment Law
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Wills Estates Probate
- Canada Immigration Law
- MultiLingual ESL/English as 2nd Language Lawyers
BC serious injury ICBC car accident claims lawyers
BC brain injury ICBC car accident claims lawyers
- Australia Legal Sources
- France & French Courts / Legal Sources
- International Treaties
- International Law